Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

C3 Post #1 - A Ministry to Pastors and Lay Leaders

I spent Thursday and Friday with my staff at the Creative Church Conference (C3) at Fellowship Church in Grapevine. It was a great conference. It was inspiring, exciting, emotional, worshipful and a great opportunity to sit under the teachings of some pastors I admire who have been there done that and been very successful.

For many pastors, including myself, it is hard to get totally into worship on Sunday mornings. On Sundays I am more concerned about creating an environment for others to worship and receive ministry more than for myself. At conferences like C3, they usually have a pretty powerful worship set before every session and the worship sets at this conference were awesome. I laughed, cried, clapped, and praised and it really felt good to just focus on praising my Father and Savior and be the focus of someone else’s ministry. I need to put myself in the position to be ministered too more often so I can be more energized to do ministry.

The conference speakers included; Ed Young of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Bill Hybels of Willow Creek in the Chicago area, Erwin McManus of Mosaic in LA, California, and Bishop T. D. Jakes of the Potters House in Dallas.

Although the C3 conference is specifically geared toward church professionals and lay leaders, most of the teaching is very applicable to apprentices of Christ in any field who want to develop into strong Christian leaders. I want to spend a couple of posts or more to reflect on the conference and pass on some good God stuff.

Thank You to Ed Young and his staff for caring about other churches and pastors. As Bishop Jakes said, By feeding and ministering to the twelve you can feed the 5,000.

a refreshed apprentice of Christ
Royal

1 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

glad you got refreshed! we've sometimes watch Bishop Jakes on tv ... i can see him shimmying and saying "just shake it off!" ... i think it was about shaking off negative stuff or the devils attempts to pull us under ... that image always makes me smile ... i guess 'cause he has that "shake it off" type of body or something ...

11:36 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home