Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Fast - Day 1 - Who What Where When Why?

Today is the first day of my 30 day fast. I want to share insights and what God shows me on this blog throughout the fast. I hope you don't come here looking for a reality show, I won't be sharing everything.

Several years ago when I started fasting in January, I was a little disappointed that God did not lay out my year for me during the fast. I thought if I was going to make this kind of commitment, maybe then God would write the Who ,What, When, Where, Why, and How on the wall. He didn't.

But then I realized (as the month went on) I didn't need all that. I just needed Him. The more I got of God, the less I needed of the other stuff. The more one comes to trusting God, the more one can be open to doing whatever God wants or going through whatever God allows you to go through.

God's goal: Make me more like His Son. (Rom 8:29)

Today's My Utmost for His Highest is "Will you go out without knowing." The scripture for the day is Hebrews 11:8. In the middle of the faith hall of fame in Hebrews the writer says, It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave...He went without knowing where he was going."

Wow...I want to be there. If you are like me, you want to know all the details before you leave (serve, obey). (Lord please write it on the wall) I want to be like Abraham...In my flesh that scares me...In the Spirit I find peace just thinking about the possibility...

Chambers writes "It is this attitude that keeps you in constant wonder, because you don't know what God is going to do next. Each morning as you wake, there is a new opportunity to "go out," building your confidence in God."

I look forward to being closer to God
An apprentice of Christ
Royal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home