Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Fast - Day 11 - Awareness and Energy

It is day 11 of my fast and yesterday I noticed a big jump in my energy level. Usually, for me, in the first week or so I lose all of my energy and feel tired and cold. My wife enjoys my being cold because we then sleep without the fan and I am in favor of turning the heat up in the house a little more. And although my spiritual awareness rises with my more constant focus on God, my mind is not very sharp. Not that I normally have a sharp mind, but it is quite dulled during this first week of fasting.

It's kind of hard to explain the spiritual awareness. And when it is hard to think clearly, I confuse intellect with spiritual awareness. In other words, if I am having a hard time focusing on scripture, it is easy to feel I am not focusing spiritually. But, if I let go of intellectually looking at God's Word, He relates to me within my spirit. Does that make sense? It makes me realize how often I depend on my own intellect to understand God's Word and although intellectually God's Word is exciting, there is definitely a peace that comes from connecting in the Spirit instead.

Last night, as I interacted with and taught our Jr. High and High School students, the ministry was a spiritual high. Talking, hugging, listening, laughing and teaching were all spiritual events for me. I don't know how the students felt, but while I was talking, hugging, listening, and teaching I felt more like I was responding in the spirit and ministering in the spirit. (I was God's love with skin) It was a deep sense of caring for their souls and it was coming from my soul.

As I write this I know it may look goofy to some. I will try to make it clearer in later posts.

an apprentice of Christ
Royal

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, on the contrary, you’re crystal clear. I think a lot of people try to use their intellect, rather than their spirit when they read or try to apply God’s Word.

Do you think maybe that is one of the reasons Jesus told us to come to Him as a child? So we would leave all of our preconceived ideas and prejudices behind and actually hear and feel Him?

9:24 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Royal said...

Absolutely Christi. The older we get the more intellectual or busy. Both block out the ability to feel the Spirit.

"Go out and stand before me on the mountain," the LORD told him. And as Elijah stood there, the LORD passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. 13When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

And a voice said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
1 Kings 19:11-13

9:42 AM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home