Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Are the Old Testament's strict food laws relevant for today's church?

I am on the last day of my fast and I am thinking about how to eat better when I start eating again this evening. I am going through the "Extreme Makeover - Body by God" study with some other people of LCC who are also concerned about their eating and health.

I came across this article this morning, in Today's Christian, on the book Holy Cow! Does God Care What We Eat? by Hope Egan.


Does God Care what We Eat? By Jennifer Schuchmann

The petite, 5-foot-4 woman stepped up to the podium at a Chicago church and lowered the microphone; her auburn curls framed the gentle smile on her face. Hope Egan doesn't look like a revolutionary, but her recent book, Holy Cow! Does God Care About What We Eat?, and her passionate endorsement of Old Testament food laws for today's New Testament Christians have been stirring up discussion wherever she goes.

This crowd of 200 Christian women listened intently as Egan shared her struggles with compulsive eating, her discovery of a "biblically kosher" diet, and God's role in the journey.

"I was consumed with thoughts of food," she began. At work, she visited the candy machine several times a day. Though she sat at the same table when eating with others, she wasn't fully present. Instead, she fixated on the food, obsessing about something as simple as a plate of cookies: How many should I eat? We each get three, but I've already eaten my three; there won't be enough if I eat more. Why aren't they eating their share of the cookies? Don't they like these cookies? Will anyone notice if I eat just one more?

Click here for the rest of the article

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Truthfully, you really did pig out on that first day didn't ya? Just kidding! I'm thinking of losing some weight thanks for the info.

9:39 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Royal said...

Hey Kelly

I ate an omelet that night...

I had the pot roast special at the Snooty Pig cafe the next day for lunch....Unfortunately, I have had no problem adjusting to eating again....

God Bless
Royal

7:12 AM, February 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is interesting and timely considering I'm beginning a fast tonight. Mine is for weight, though, not increased spirituality but I would like to learn more of that aspect of it.

Peace,
Meadow

meadow.wordpress.com

9:41 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home