Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nutritional or Not, It's Still a Happy Meal


From ABC News

"CHICAGO Oct 25, 2005 — Make it a burger, fries and nutritional information to go. Seeking to counter charges that its food is unhealthy and contributes to obesity, McDonald's Corp. announced Tuesday that it will display nutrition facts on the packaging for most of its menu items next year.

Patrons of the world's largest restaurant company will be able to learn the amount of calories and fat, among other information, in a McDonald's product by looking at the wrapper instead of having to go to its Web site or ask for it at the counter. "

This may be a "whatever" response from Mickey D's. Who decides the family is visiting the golden arches anyway? Not the parents. McDonald's is such a marketing genius they could put, "Eat and you'll die" on their packages and kids would still cry till mommy took them for a Happy Meal.

Just a thought
Royal

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to have my last meal be a delicious number 2 with an extra cheeseburger....not really haha. But you're right, no amount of nutritional warning would be enough to quell the hunger for fun and greasy food held by children, especially in America.

10:47 AM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Royal said...

Nick,

I think I would be surprised if you did not request a #2 with an extra cheeseburger. It would be the source of a lot of fond memories of conversations after football and baseball games, win or lose.

11:03 AM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Christi S. King said...

Well, I don’t know about McDonald’s but I crave a Junior Whopper w/cheese about 6 times a year. I don’t want them to tell me how bad it is – I already know – and I do it anyway. :)

11:37 AM, October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home