Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

If There Was No New Year

What if we didn't have a calendar? What if there was no way of measuring time? What if there was no new year? No new years resolutions? What if our bodies never aged so you could not tell from looking if a person was older or younger? What if there was not an older or younger?

There would be no sense in goals. There would be no procrastination. There would be no, "I'll do better next year." There would be no, "I'll live for myself now and God later."

We use time, and the filling up of time with busyness, to avoid God and the feelings that come from our separation from God.

God created us for His pleasure with a desire in us to seek His pleasure and "give Him glory"(Rev. 4:11).

When we give God glory, He gives us peace. When we seek to please God, He rewards us with joy and we realize our purpose.

The basis of every new years resolution is the desire for peace, joy, and purpose.

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27

Merry Christmas....Open your gift now, and cherish the peace of Jesus every minute of every day.

An apprentice of Christ
Royal

4 Comments:

Blogger Christi S. King said...

That’s beautiful, what a wonderful thought for today - and every day. :)

Thanks Royal!

12:04 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Royal said...

Thanks for coming by Christi. I am trying to discipline myself to write more. I don't know how you do it. May you be mega-blessed.

Royal

12:52 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Christi S. King said...

Thanks Royal, I really like reading your posts. Have you thought of posting your weekly sermons? You have to write those anyway and they would be an encouragement to all of us.

Just a selfish thought - since I can't attend your church. :)

Christi

5:24 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Allie said...

Christi -
Royal is an awesome Pastor, if you are ever in Euless, TX - please do come by. You would just be in AWE and WONDER at how God speaks through him. It will leave you with peace in your mind and heart that God wants you to have when you leave on Sunday mornings with joy from the Holy Spirit. The kinda joy that you can't get enough of, which keeps you in the word, in prayer, in worship music and on great sites like Soul Journey, Crosswalk.com and Jesus Freaks!! ;o)

So, I'm blessed to be connected to Royal, he's a great friend as well as our pastor. I'm most thankful that he taught me about the change in my heart from 'doing religion' to having a wonderful relationship with my heavenly father, Jesus Christ.

With appreciation,
Allie

9:29 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home