Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

What God Expects from His Kid: Imagine God's Blogs by Larry Donoho

Do you ever feel like you can't measure up to what God wants you to be? If that is the case, you don't understand God's love and you certainly don't understand God's grace.

The apostle Paul wrote; God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Eph 2:8-10

As written by Mr. Donoho, if God wrote a post on His blog of what He expected of you, it might say this.

"If you have made a million mistakes and done things you think I would never
forgive...Not that big of a deal.

I'M your Dad!

I can't not love you.

Here is what I want and desire for you and from you.

That you discover Me and My love. That you discover your giftedness so you can be all I want you to be. That you are kind and obedient and humble and selfless. That you know that I want to hold you when you feel like a failure or you feel alone and rejected. That you see there are way too many things you think are a big deal, and in reality they are petty little things that seperate you all too much.

Oh yeah...and...being the Dad I AM...I love it when I hear you tell others about Me. And When you say "Daddy, I love you." Wow!

If you're a dad, you know how that makes your heart feel.

Imagine what it does to a God-sized heart."



Our God in Heaven. Thank You for being such a loving and fogiving Father. May we remind ourselves of your love and grace every day.

An apprentice of Christ
Royal

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayer is that all earthly fathers read this blog. There are days when I let the devil get a foot hold and I don't see the very things you described because my dad quit being around me too when my parents divorced. I had a mother that was very controlling, demanding and things were never quite good enough for her.

So, to believe in a Heavenly Father that would provide all these things for me was hard to imagine. When I came to Christ and asked him to take me as His because I truly believed, knew that he came, died and resurrected for me a true sense of peace and security came over me. I know that He is living in me and always with me.

My human body that grew up with out my earthly dad and controlling mom who didn't have that sense of security finds times in her life where the devil all of sudden has his foot hold RIGHT there ready to grab hold of me and let all kinds of insecurities, the since of not being worthy, questioning my capabilities and all kinds of other miserable mess. I have to quickly snap myself up, kick the devil off my edge and get back on my knees with God DAILY!! It's a constant struggle when you didn't have an earthly father giving you the kind of love your Heavenly Father gives you.

You find yourself searching in the wrong places. I'm sure this isn't just for daughters. Sons need their DAD's too. I have sons, I see their need.

Thank you for your messages.
God speaks awesome words through you.

6:24 PM, December 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home