Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Think About It


"Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who by accidents of time, or place, or circumstance, are brought into closer connection with you"

"The world is a book and those that stay at home read only one page."

St Augustine

Born: Aurelius Augustinus
November 13, 0354
Tagaste, Numidia
Died: August 28, 0430
Hippo Regius

Catholic priest and bishop. Doctor of the Church. Son of St. Monica. Writings include Confessions and The City of God. Patron saint of brewers, sore eyes, and printers. Namesake of the oldest European-settled city in America.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christi S. King said...

Hi Royal,

I just had one of those “accidental” encounters yesterday and even though I don’t always pay “close attention” God usually “gets my attention” and I’m always glad that He does. :)

Have a great weekend,
Christi

2:11 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like Augustine he started the 1st Christian monstary in Cantabury,Kent ^-^

3:47 PM, September 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great insight from Augustinus. I'm glad you posted it. It's good to keep such wise words alive.
Wasn't he one of four who started the Latin Church? His father raised him with lots of the tools he needed to grow with such wisdom.

1:49 PM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I sooooooooo wanna see a latin vulgate bible someday *o*

12:09 AM, September 25, 2005  
Blogger Royal said...

Hey folks,

Thanks for being my guest. I would have to say, I don't know much about Augustine yet. He is a great person to quote as I have used him many times over the years.

I know that reading Confessions by Augustine is supposed to be a must read and is on my list of books to read that you really have to chew on in the future.

3:18 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Kerry Doyal said...

great quote

10:41 AM, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home