Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Living for Others for Jesus

I will gladly spend myself and all I have for your spiritual good, even though it seems that the more I love you, the less you love me. 2 Cor 12:15

The apostle Paul, as an apprentice of Christ, decided to give up his life for the life of others. He didn't do that by taking a bullet for someone, although he would have had it been called for by God. He did that by comitting to lead people to Jesus at the expense of his own life, or comfort.

As a Christ-follower, the purpose of giving up your life is not to be a door mat that everyone walks on. It is to be aggresively loving at a faith level for the purpose of leading people to Jesus.

Oswald Chambers wrote: "We have no right in Christian service to be guided by our own interests and desires. In fact, this is one of the greatest tests of our relationship with Jesus Christ. The delight of sacrifice is that I lay down my life for my Friend, Jesus (see John 15:13 ). I don't throw my life away, but I willingly and deliberately lay it down for Him and His interests in other people. And I do this for no cause or purpose of my own."

If you are living your life for Jesus. You will not be living your life to build up yourself. You will live your life for the benefit of others. You will live your life for the benefit of their souls.

What gets in the way of this life of sacrifice is the need to be admired by others. Unfortunately, people don't always appreciate the sacrifice you make in order to lead them to Jesus. We say to ourselves, "Well if he is not going to appreciate it then forget it." Instead, do it for Jesus. Not only will he appreciate it, He will reward you. He will bless you. You will be building up treasures in Heaven and you will be taking more people to heaven with you.

an apprentice of Jesus
Royal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home