Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Narnia Movie 'Powerful' by Cal Thomas


The Movie based on the C. S. Lewis classic “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”, Narnia will be released on December 9. I believe all Christians should put this on their family movie list for the season and take family, friends, unchurched, non-believer friends.

At our church we have tracts available that share the Gospel through the movie and it's characters.

Cal Thomas wrote a great endorsement for seeing the film. Thomas writes,

November 22, 2005

Today is the 42nd anniversary of the death of C.S. Lewis. Lewis’ legacy is about to be discovered by a new generation. On December 9, a film of “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” will be released in thousands of American theaters and many others around the world.

This film has everything Christians have sought in a movie – it is well-written, well-acted and it contains a solid metaphor for Jesus Christ in the person of Aslan the lion that is subtle enough to stimulate conversation with unbelievers.

It is a powerful film. I saw it last Friday night at a screening in New York and tears came to my eyes; not only because of the content, but because Walden Media and Disney have teamed up to give us something we can cheer and support.

It is important that we do both. Buy tickets and see this film when it is released. Take family and friends. Invite nonbelievers. Make these companies a huge profit and they will make more of these types of films. It’s all about supply and demand. If we show by our ticket purchases that we demand, they will supply.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Royal,

I apologize for my late response, but I wanted to thank you for coming by my blog and posting your thoughts. I enjoy the opportunity to read the thoughts and ideas of other believers, because no one knows it all! Where do you pastor?

6:48 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Hey Royal - good to see you posting again. :)

9:06 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Allie said...

Does going out to the movies mean you are feeling a bit better?

I pray it does, I've missed your posts - I've missed reading them, as I work on mine. ;o)

Thank for the tips!

11:23 PM, December 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home