Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Make Quality Time

I hope you have had a great summer. That's right, I said had. The kids go back to school in a couple of weeks, and believe it or not, today we may hit 100 degrees for the first time. What a weird Texas summer this has been.

I went on a vacation cruise out of Galveston with my family last week. We last went on a family vacation two years ago. We had a great time together and I had a great time relaxing. For me a cruise is the best vacation on the planet, because it is the only place I can totally disconnect for a week and chill out. Every morning I would get up at 6:00 and go to the restaurant at the front of the boat, before everyone else got up, and get in the Word of God, journal, and look out over God's incredible ocean. When I am on the ocean I am reminded how small I am and how infinitely large God is. I don't know about you, but I need to be reminded of that more often than I would like to admit.

I think what I liked best about our vacation is that my mom went with us. Lisa and I had some great quality time hanging out with mom and my kids enjoyed time with their grandmother you can't get dashing through our normal busy lives. I really enjoyed watching my mother enjoy herself and have fun with my kids. I did have to ask mom to slow down one night as she was keeping up with Nick on the dance floor at the party on deck 9 by the pool. I got some great pictures.

You know the enemy is against quality relationships and our spending quality time together. Our environment in the 21st century continually distracts us from what Jesus said is most important. Love God and Love people. We have to intentionally and deliberately make quality time with God and the people we love. Sometimes we are so busy driving our kids to events that we mistake that time for quality time. It's not. We have to slow down and spend time with the people we love just like we have to be still in order to know God. (Ps. 46:10)

You don't have to go on a cruise to have quality time, but you do have to put yourself in an environment where the distractions to quality time are removed. Computers, TVs, Cell Phones and Blackberrys demand much of our attention. (For many they become an addiction) Parents, the best way to improve your parenting is to spend more time with your kids. Husbands will become better husbands through quality time with your wives. Christians will become devoted Christ-followers as they practice God's presence.

This is the time of year, before school starts, when many people are looking at life situations and trying to set priorities and schedules. If you want life to be better. Make time alone with God and with the people you love a priority in your schedule.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home