Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Blessings of Hope and Joy

I pray God is blessing you in ways better than you can imagine and you are seeing God and His work around you on a daily basis. A couple of weeks ago I challenged LCC people to go to bed thanking God for their blessings and to wake up ever morning with a new commitment to following Jesus throughout the day. Two different ladies have reported back to me similar results. It works..... It has not miraculously changed their lives, (yet) but they have been going to bed with more peace and feeling a heightened sense of hope during the day. It is so easy to get focused on the negative things happening in our lives that we don't see the many blessings.

Why don't you try it!!! It may seem goofy to you, but it couldn't hurt and most likely it will help... When you are lying in bed at night, in the dark, don't count sheep or focus on your problems. Focus on the many blessings you have. If you can only think of one blessing right now, focus on it. But I know there are more... Ask God to remind you of your blessings... tell Him your blessing vision is being blocked by the pain in your life. He will open your eyes.... He is a loving Father and He wants you to feel joy and hope....

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jer 29:11

Last week I started a new teaching series from the book of Philippians, "EPIC Joy". We did an overview of the four chapter letter from the apostle Paul and this week we are going to dive right in to chapter one. I have read this book of the Bible many times and I am really enjoying digging in to it to learn for myself and to teach God's people at LCC.

In the greeting Paul says he is writing to God's holy people in Philippi. So why 2000 years later are we reading Paul's letter to this church. Because Paul's letter to the Philippians is also God's letter to the holy people in NE Tarrant County.... That's right.... For us it reads, "I am writing this letter to all of God's people at the church by 7-11 in Euless" (LCC).

God calls us, His children through Jesus, holy. In some translations it says "saints". How often do you think of yourself as a Holy Saint. Whether you do or not, God does. Isn't that amazing. Holy means set apart. When we decide to; admit we need God, recognize that God sent Jesus to pay for and erase our sins, and commit to following Jesus or making him leader of our lives, we are set apart by God to do His work on earth. That's right holy person. You know who you are.

This Sunday we will be learning from the first eleven versus of Philippians how the real secret of joy is found in "The Partnership of Joy." You can catch up by listening to last weeks teaching here,,,, http://www.lifeconnectionchurch.org/Pages/downloads.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

I have so many blessings in my life. Thanks for a great reminder to thank the one who gives those blessings so generously.

8:19 AM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger Royal said...

Thanks for stopping by Rodney....I am very blessed myself and it is sad that I often forget and have to remind myself....

10:35 AM, June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home