Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Most Thankful for Hope

This Sunday: "Most Thankful for Hope"

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I know for many people the holiday season is not the best of times.....For some it is about bad memories and for others the stress of life makes it hard to be thankful and enjoy the season...

I am glad we have thanksgiving before Christmas....In 1789, George Washington wrote, "I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks..."

Abraham Lincoln wrote, (1863) "No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens."

I am glad we have Thanksgiving before Christmas, because we often need to be reminded that God has blessed us much...I have found that in my life if I can focus on the blessings, the problems become smaller and far more tolerable, and even as James teaches, become opportunities for joy.

The hope that comes in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ makes our past, present, and future become opportunities for joy and a life full of incredible experiences. We just need to be reminded as we are often distracted by the situations of life.

This Sunday we will look at what I believe is the greatest gift from God of which to be thankful. Hope.... People without hope die a slow and painful emotional, spiritual, and sometimes physical death. The Bible says a heart without hope is sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home