Through His Eyes

Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.Rom.12:2 (MSG) Then you can see things through His eyes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States

I have the best job in the world. I am the Pastor and Church planter of Life Connection Church. I am married to Lisa for 27 years and have two adult children, Brooke 23, Nick 21 that have been and still are an incredible blessing to my life. Brooke is a graduate of UTA and is in the corporate world and Nick is a business major at Texas Christian University.

Monday, September 05, 2005

It's Labor Day. I got to get to Work


It is only appropriate that I start this blog on Labor day.

(la·bor - expenditure of physical or mental effort especially when difficult or compulsory)

As excited as I am about its potential for ministry, helping others, and forcing me to develop my thinking, writing, and creativity skills, it will be labor to discipline myself to write. I usually write under pressure, due to procrastination, and do it pretty well. This will give me the opportunity to develop myself and not be in the mode of winging it, with the help of Jesus, as often.

Please bare with me as I get started. The one anxiety I have about the written word is that people can tend to read into it or see what they want to see between the lines. I have a rule in my personal and business life. I will not discuss a possile emotional issue via email or text messaging. I have been misunderstood and burned. So what in the world am I doing???

Here is what I hope to accomplish with the Through His Eyes blog. As I apprentice to Jesus, I want to be able to see the world and the people of this world through His eyes. The writing of this blog will cause me to be more disciplined in my relationship with Jesus, be more obedient, and study the Bible more.

Please feel free to comment on what I write or add to it.

If you know of a way this resource can help you more, please let me know. I am knew to this and I know there are some tecnical applications that may soop it up more but I am not there yet. Any ideas you have would be great.

Serving you in Him
Royal

"Quote of the day" - "Nondiscipleship is the elephant in the church. It is not the much discussed moral failures, financial abuses, or the amazing general similarity between Christians and non-Christians. These are only the effects of the underlying problem. The fundemental negative reality among Christian believers now is their failure to be constantly learning how to live their lives in The Kingdom Among Us." Dallas Willard, The Divine Conspiracy

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!

3:14 AM, September 03, 2005  
Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

just getting started? Your thoughts on Camp's blog are interesting, so I thought to stop by...
will check back.
peace,
DAO

5:30 AM, September 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cool, Royal!

11:28 AM, September 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u stud

4:17 PM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home